Almost a year after the shocking Housing Stability and Tenant Protection Act was passed, the legislation is continuing to wreak havoc on the industry and overburden New York’s court system.
How did we get here?
They joined host Bill Weidner, seasoned consultant and broker, to discuss:
- Why the HSTPA is a counterproductive piece of legislation
- How the HSTPA is disincentivizing landlords to rent out their properties and removing housing from inventory
- Where did all of the non-primary residence cases go?
- Catching a falling knife: The current guidelines for rent increase versus the increase in operational costs for landlords
- The bleak future for small landlords
- Why litigation is skyrocketing in New York City and has become more complicated than ever
- How did we get here? Nativ explains how a misconception led to the upheaval of an industry
- How providing temporary housing turned the homeless into rent-stabilized tenants — and why landlords are left footing the bill
- What you need to know about the “Good Cause Eviction Bill” and what you can do to stop it
- What is “first rent”? Jim explains how landlords can find relief by establishing a base rent on new apartments
Tune in to find out how this legislation is affecting all sides of the market, the consequences landlords all over the state are facing, and what you can do about it.
Connect with Bill, the host of Realty Speak, if you’re looking to finance, sell or purchase investment real estate: